Maintaining a fitness regime is a top priority these days. The atmosphere around us is getting polluted with industrial effluents and other harmful chemicals. Our daily life is getting more tightly scheduled by the day and we do hardly have enough time to look after our health. Thus the little time we get should be vested in its favour. We should try to exercise regularly and keep our health and body fit. Along with the need for sports, games and physical exercises, we need to keep a close watch on our diet. Read on to find out what are the 10 food items that people should eat to stay healthy and fit.
Eat Healthy Stay Healthy
Now, recall Hippocrates’s saying if you have heard it “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. People have understood the need for maintaining a proper diet a long time back. You always need to make sure that you eat the right volume of food and maintain the balance of the various nutrients in your food. This is utterly essential for the proper functioning of your body parts. There are thousands of biochemical processes going on in the body and some or the other chemicals are involved in them. We all know that matter cannot be spun from thin air and the only intake that we get is through food. Thus you understand how important maintaining a healthy diet can get. Now let us get to business.
Top 10 Foods in 2017 For Fit People
Pulses, Grains and Nuts
They are full of protein and highly nutritious. The underlying are some of the best:
1. Almonds – Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, Iron, Magnesium, fibres, Calcium and Riboflavin. They have more fibres than provided by any other nut.
2. Lentils – Lentils are a variety of pulses and is famous in many cuisines all over the world. They make a delicious snack when flavoured with chilli powder or pepper.
3. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is made from oats. The consumption of oatmeal is increasing day by day due to the benefits that they provide in various cardiovascular activities.
Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are rich in fibres and provide essential vitamins and nutrients essential for survival.
4. Brocolli – Brocolli is one of the best vegetables that you can lay your hands on. It is thoroughly rich in potassium, calcium, fibres, folate and phytonutrients. They also decrease the risk of heart diseases and cancer.
5. Blueberries – Blueberries are composed of fibres, helpful antioxidants and phytonutrients. These phytonutrients help strengthen the immune capabilities of the body. They also help avoid a cognitive decline.
6. Avocados – Some people like to avoid avocados claiming they are very much rich in fats. Avocados are actually rich in healthy fats, which are essential for the body. They also provide Vitamin Bs, Vitamin K, Vitamin E and help in treating diabetes and hypertension.
7. Kale – Kale is rich in Vitamin C and also Vitamin K. Though it is very much underrated as opposed to what it can do, it can be steamed and cooked or through smoothies.
Fish, meat and eggs. They are one of the best sources of proteins and some animal-based vitamins.
8. Chicken – Chicken is relatively cheap and healthy meat. It is a great source of protein. Also, it is a type of white meat and so it can be easily consumed.
9. Oily Fish – These are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids. They are great for the functioning of the heart and the nervous system.
10. Eggs – Eggs are also a great source of protein and vitamins like B12 and Riboflavin. They help in providing energy and the formation of red blood cells.
These are top 10 foods in 2017 for fit people.